Activities of the Committee
The Committee have 138 National Cultural Centers (NCCs), which have the Republican status 14 NCCs), such as the Republican Azerbaijan NCCs, the Armenian NCC of Uzbekistan, the Jewish NCC of Uzbekistan, the Kazakh NCC of Uzbekistan, the Kyrgyz Cultural Center of Uzbekistan, the Association of Korean Cultural Center of Uzbekistan, German Cultural Center of Uzbekistan “Wiedergeburt”, the Polish Cultural Center of Uzbekistan “Svetlitsa Polska”, the Russian Cultural Center of Uzbekistan, the Republican Tadzhik NCC, the Turkish NCC of Uzbekistan, Republican Turkmen NCC, Uighur Cultural Center of Uzbekistan, Republican Ukrainian Cultural Center “Slavutich”.
There are also 6 National Cultural Centers in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, 23 in Tashkent and 95 in regions: arabs, bashkirs, belorussians, bulgarians, bukharian jews, greeks, georgians, dungans, chinese, crimean tatars, lithuanians, tatars.
The NCCs’s tasks include: stimulating, coordinating and encouraging public initiatives aimed at strengthening the of international principles, developing cultures of interethnic relations; preservation and development of traditions, languages, culture of all nations and nationalities living in Uzbekistan; creation of conditions for strengthening cooperation ties with the ethnic homeland in the field of humanitarian, scientific, cultural cooperation.
In the Republic changes all spheres of life, development of culture of tolerance, interethnic harmony and interconfessional mutual understanding, ensuring equal rights and opportunities for all citizens of the country, raising to higher level of friendship and cultural ties with foreign countries. By the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No.5046 May 19. 2017 was established the Committee on Interethnic Relations and Friendship Cooperation with Foreign Countries under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter – the Committee).
– assistance in ensuring interethnic harmony and tolerance in society, strengthening the atmosphere of friendship and the feeling of a single large multinational family;
– effective coordination of work on the establishment of friendly international relations, development of productive cooperation, strengthening of friendship with the civil community of foreign countries, including with our compatriots living abroad;
– ensuring the interrelation and cooperation of state bodies with national cultural centers and friendship societies located on the territory of the republic;
– assistance in the preservation and development of national original traditions, customs and rites of representatives of various nations and nationalities living in our country;
– assistance in the wide propaganda in foreign countries of the peaceloving policy of Uzbekistan in building a democratic state, a strong civil society, as well as achieved the successes in all spheres of the country’s life;
– assistance in conducting research and development work aimed at further development and harmonization of interethnic relations and friendly relations with foreign countries.
At the present, under the Committee 34 Friendship Societies (FS) are functioning with the following foreign countries:
Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Great Britain, France, Germany, Greece, Georgia, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Iran, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Swaziland, Turkey, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam.
The Committee maintains contact with partners of 18 countries of the world, among which the “Azerbaijan-Uzbekistan”, Chinese People’s Friendship Society with Foreign Countries, China Association for the Promotion of Friendship (China), “Fukusima-Uzbekistan” (Japan), Society “Korea-Uzbekistan”, “Indian-Uzbek friendship and economic forum”, FS “Bonn-Uzbekistan” (Germany), “Union of Provinces of Italy” (UPI), “Avicenna” (France), Britain-Uzbek society (Great Britain), Federation of friendship with people of Russia and CIS (Bulgaria), FS “Greece-Uzbekistan”, FS “Vietnam-Uzbekistan”, FS “Pakistan-Uzbekistan”, FS “Lithuania-Uzbekistan” and etc.
Nowadays established contact with 29 organizations of the Uzbek emigration and diaspora in foreign countries which located in 19 countries, “Uzbek cultural centre” – Kazakhstan, “Cultural society of Uzbeks” – Kazakhstan, “Osh” Uzbek society” – Kirgizstan, “Spiritual and enlightening centre of Uzbeks” – Tajikistan, “Center research of the Uzbek language and culture” – China, “Turkistan American Association” and “The Congress of Bukharian Jews of the USA and Canada” – USA, “Cultural society of Turkestan’s compatriots in Germany”, “Safar” Uzbeks cultural centre” – Estonia, “Cultural centre of Uzbeks” – Israel, “Cultural union of Canadian Uzbeks”, “Umid” Centre of Uzbek compatriots” – Russia, “AFOR” french-uzbek society”, “Center of cultural and social assistance to Turkestants” – Turkey and etc.
The Committee together with emigrants/diasporas organizations organizes conferences, seminars, round tables, exhibitions, quizzes, concerts, Days of Uzbek culture and other events, aimed to spread uzbek culture, language, national traditions, customs and ceremonies of the uzbek people, to maintain good-neighborhood friendship relations.